Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Texas Wildfires

My heart just goes to the folks in Texas that are in harms way due to the Wildfires, I have never in my life had to endure something to this magnitude…Yeah sure a tornado, straight line winds, hurricanes, flooding but never something so final as a fire that eats and destroys everything in its path. 

The folks down there are already struggling with a drought, and a series of Wildfires earlier this summer and now this.  From my understanding there is over 14,000 acres burning right now that is not contained around Bastrop, TX. bastrop tx fire

I got this photo off of BHW,  Can you imagine driving towards that I can not.  It just breaks my heart that these folks have suffered so much this past year.  That families are loosing everything.  All I can do is offer up prayers for rain and that they can get this contain.

1 comment:

  1. That is just ugly. I have had to deal with the Bearing Fire but don't remember seeing anything like that. It may have to do with our having so many trees but still, that is the ugliest thing I think I have ever seen. Thank you for your prayers and thought. Thankfully, our family may have been scared at times so far, but we have been fortunate. My heart goes out to the families who have lost things and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete