Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Confidence....

We are dealing with confidence issues with TPWB on his dirtbike racing right now. I looked up the defination of confidence in websters dictionary and it says:








a : a feeling or consciousness of one's powers or of reliance on one's circumstances b : faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way







We have dealt with alot of issues that have caused him to lose this in himself, he had a friend die while practicing a year or so ago. 2. a friend that he rides with broke his back on his bicycle, 3. family members that are worried about him racing tell him all the terrible things that happen, look at what happen to your friend. 4. Maybe I'm being to hard on him. 5. He is way to hard on himself.







So I'm in the search to find ways to help him gain more confidence in himself. Every coach I have have sent him to, and I have talked to about this all tell me the same thing. He has such a natural ability, he know how to control his body and puts it right where it needs to be instinctly, and that we shouldn't let him quit. Just allow him to come into on his own and not allow the negative people around him. oh and lots more seat time... that is what MX'ers call time in the saddle whoops time on the bike, and really pick and choose what races we go to this year,... told hubby this kinds of reminds me of getting a horse ready to run... So I guess we are working him, TPWB for 45 days go to race , come back work him for another 45 days head to a race and see where we are at... the funny thing is TPWB said Momma, I'm not one of your colts your getting ready for a show LOL gotta love kids. Little does he know in reality he is my #1 Colt that I'm getting ready for life

No comments:

Post a Comment